Imagine a world in which, before you leave work or on your way home, you could, through your smartphone:
- Tell your thermostat to turn up the heat in the house - Turn on certain lights and close certain blinds
- Quickly check refrigerator contents so you know what to pick up as you're on your way to the grocery store
- Be alerted by your fire or safety alarm to an unsafe condition or intrusion or be alerted by a medical monitoring device that one of your loved ones health condition has deteriorated
This is what our world could soon look like as Wi-Fi enabled "Things" and Cloud networking are begin to merge.
- Large accelerated deployment of Wi-Fi Access Points in hotspots, residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Availability of Wi-Fi in most smart phones, tablets and PCs
- Highly integrated and ultra-low power Wi-Fi solutions, extending the market of Wi-Fi connected devices beyond traditional computing and consumer electronics to the Internet of Things (IoT) and battery powered devices.
- Evolution of the Internet to support 'Cloud' based computing/networking, enabling machine to machine (M2M) communication and the delivery of applications as a service, over any network, to any device.