The GS2000 is an ultra-low power WLAN and WPAN system on a chip (SoC) containing an 802.11b/g/n radio, media access controller (MAC), baseband processor, on-chip memory, and a networking applications processor all on a single silicon die. It represents the industry’s first WI-FI/Thread chip and is the basis for all of GainSpan’s high-performance modules.
The GS2000 provides ultra-low power consumption for years of battery life, and comes complete with embedded software stacks offering a highly scalable, reliable, manageable and secure wireless link to meet the growing demand of wireless sensor networks utilizing broadly accepted IEEE 802.11 standards. This solution is ideal for use in smart energy, healthcare/fitness, consumer appliances, consumer/commercial automation, control, and monitoring applications. In addition, GS2000 provides capabilities such as location awareness, which makes it well-suited for logistics and supply chain applications involving people or asset tracking.
Supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Seamlessly interoperates with existing 802.11b/g/n infrastructure and utilizes 802.11 for security, manageability, ease of-use, and quality of service
- Supports 802.11b/g/n data rates (up to 72.2 Mbps) for high bandwidth applications
Highly integrated SOC
- 802.11b/g/n Radio, MAC and PHY, Dual core CPUs, Power Management Unit and Memory
- Reduces system design development and cost
- Enables ultra-small form-factor system design
Ultra low power consumption
- Fast wake up and granular power saving modes (standby, sleep, deep sleep) for extended life battery operated products