GS2011M Low Power, High Speed, 802.11b/g/n Module (Backwards-Compatible)
The GS2011M module provides a quick, easy, and cost effective way for device and appliance manufacturers to add Wi-Fi connectivity to their products. The module provides a high speed serial interface connection to an embedded design built on an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller, achieving up to 40 Mbps throughput over an SDIO interface.
The GS2011M is an ideal solution for organizations with limited Wi- Fi or RF expertise or for those seeking faster time to market, as it reduces RF design time and removes the burden of testing and certification. The module is IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant, and meets worldwide regulatory and Wi-Fi Alliance certification requirements.
The module includes two analog to digital converter (ADC) pins for connecting energy measurement and other sensors. It runs the full Wi-Fi and TCP/IP networking stacks on module, completely offloading the host microcontroller. The module supports a complete suite of security protocols, also without tasking the host microcontroller, including WPA/WPA2-Enteprise and Personal security modes, legacy WEP encryption, and upper layer security protocols such as TLS/SS and HTTPs. Alternatively, it can be run self-contained without a host.
For ease of provisioning, the module can be set up simply and easily from a smartphone or laptop through the innovative Limited AP mode or with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
|GS2011MIZ||Ceramic Chip Antenna|
The GS2011M has extended range with industry leading receiver sensitivity and is available with a u.FL connector to add an external antenna for max performance or a ceramic chip antenna for performance and convenience while saving space. US/Canada (FCC /IC), Europe (ETSI) and Japan (TELEC) certified.
GS2011M Block Diagram
Features & Benefits
- Adds low power, high speed Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity to any device with a microcontroller and serial host interface
- Certified module reduces development time, testing and certification, accelerating time to market
- Easy upgrade path: footprint and pin compatible to GS1011M and GS1500M modules
- Full offload solution minimizes load on host processor
- Easy smartphone provisioning with Limited AP or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Ultra low power consumption through dynamic power management modes
- Standby, Sleep, Deep Sleep
- Extended range
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n connectivity with PHY rates up to 72 Mbps
- UART, SPI, SDIO interface to microcontroller
- Throughput (typical)
- 40 Mbps on SDIO
- 30 Mbps on SPI (master)
- 12 Mbps on SPI (slave)
- 1 Mbps on UART
- Extensive networking stack and services
- WPA/2–Personal and Enterprise
- Legacy WEP
- Power source:
- 3.3V main supply
- 1.8V, 3.3V I/O
- 1.6V to 3.6V Battery
- Certification: FCC, IC, ETSI, TELEC, Wi-Fi
- I/O interfaces : SPI, UART, SDIO, I2C, I2S, GPIO, ADC